Tired of big city life Justin and Cyndia moved from Melbourne in 2003 when they bought The Waterfront Wynyard motel. Sixteen years on they are still welcoming guests to their little riverside motel in Tasmania. Rescuing this mid-century motel has been a joy (mostly!) and we along with our amazing team strive to provide a ‘property with personality’ that ticks all the accommodation boxes
The Guest Lounge
The Guest Lounge provides a relaxed lounge area where guests can watch TV, read a book from our guest library or enjoy a Tassie wine and cheese platter by the fire. Casual snacks featuring local produce are available as well as a BBQ area where you can cook your own local Tassie meats. Breakfast is served daily in The Guest Lounge and Lavazza espresso coffee is available all day.
- Justin – Head Honcho – into boats and trains and pygmy otters
- Cyndia – Top Banana – with a penchant for studying the human brain!
- Andy – Housekeeper – Would like to travel to the moon one day (time permitting)
- Janelle – Housekeeper – has been with us awhile as well and races Peruvian guinea pigs in her spare time
- Karen A – Housekeeper – has been here for ages- Is writing a book on great travel escalators of the world.
- Melissa – Senior Receptionist – Sales and marketing – into breeding intelligent chickens that can be used for basic data entry
- Rheanna – Trainee Receptionist/Food and Beverage guru – Resident clever clogs and is working on her extensive paperclip collection
- Lorna – Chief Cook – Can cook up a storm! She also has a very fine collection of fridge magnets which arranges in various fashions.
- Peta – Housekeeper – is creating the world’s largest Disney figurine collection – may need a bigger apartment soon!
- Sally – Housekeeper – Likes juggling various objects in the room simultaneously- very talented lady!
- Meredith – Receptionist/ Food and BEverage guru – Our newest team member, spends her spare time knitting socks for goats in Iceland
- Mollie – Canine Guest Relations Manager – Woof